We assume you are here to find out more information about CBD for cat. Firstly, let us go over what exactly CBD is and how it can interact with the body and the endocannabinoid system (in humans and pets alike). CBD (Cannabidiol), is a chemical compound and is commonly known as a cannabinoid. Cannabinoids are produced by cannabis plants. Hemp plants also produce cannabinoids and here at ChilliwackCBD, all of our CBD products are derived from hemp. These compounds (called cannabinoids) are secreted on the surface of the plant by glands
that are called trichomes. One of the benefits of cannabinoids (such as CBD) is to protect the plant from elements as well as insects/pests. Cannabinoids attract helpful pollinators in turn. Did you know that all vertebrates (including dogs and cats) produce cannabinoids? These cannabinoids are called endocannabinoids and are part of the cell-signaling system called the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is in charge of signaling to other systems and organs in the body to help maintain homeostasis and balance. Just like humans, a cat’s endocannabinoid system regulates important functions such as stress, memory, mood, sleep, appetite, motor control, and pain.
CBD is a plant-based cannabinoid also known as a phytocannabinoid. Phytocannabinoids imitate the actions and effects of endocannabinoids when introduced into the body. CBD can signal systems to maintain homeostasis in their functions and in particular, CBD has an array of wellness benefits as a direct result of this interaction with the endocannabinoid system. We have a great blog which you can read here that goes into depth regarding CBD and anxiety.
We only carry CBD products that are derived from hemp at ChilliwackCBD. Hemp is used for industrial and therapeutic benefits and has very minimal or trace amounts of THC (Below 0.3%). Because of the very trace amounts of THC in all of our products, including CBD Oil For Cats, you can be assured that neither you nor your pet will get “high” or have any unwanted psychoactive effects from our hemp-derived CBD products.
Although CBD appears to be incredibly promising, the area of study around CBD (including CBD Oil For Cats) is still in its infancy. As such, we cannot make any health claims, or suggestions that CBD can be a “cure” for any of the below. We can only go based on the responses and testimonials of persons that have used CBD and have seen or felt the positive results in themselves or their cats/dogs from taking or using CBD. We also do not claim to be health care providers and as such, we always recommend speaking to your family doctor or Veterinarian before administering CBD products.
SIGNS OF STRESS IN YOUR CAT:
Though cats tend to hide anxiety and or stress very well, anxiety and fear associated with stress can affect your cat similar to the way it would affect a human. And as the same with humans, cats dealing with chronic stress can develop a broad range of illnesses due to that chronic stress suppressing the immune response. It’s not always easy to know or see that your cat is becoming stressed or dealing with anxiety and so, below are 5 common and key signs to help you identify and seek help:
1. Urinating outside of the litter box – Cats that urinate outside of their little box are trying to tell you something. It could be one of several things but among common include a dirty litter box or underlying health issue.
2. Decrease in appetite – I have yet to hear of a cat going on a diet and so, a cause for concern would be if your cat’s appetite suddenly and unexplainably decreases. CBD oil for cats can help to stimulate appetite which is imperative to your cat’s health.
3. Isolation – Cats are characterized as aloof animals (avoid interaction with people or other pets) however, this isn’t the case for most cats. It can be a sign of stress or anxiety. CBD Oil For Cats may help to improve your cat’s mood and perhaps social interactions.
4. Aggression – Actions of aggression towards people or other animals are not normal cat-like behaviour and should be looked at carefully. Speaking to your veterinarian about this issue before it becomes worse is a good idea. Sometimes this behaviour can be a result of stress or illness.
5. Excessive Grooming – It is normal behaviour for cats to groom themselves. Abnormal grooming behaviour often looks like licking a spot raw or bald. Cats that are excessively grooming themselves are showing a clear sign of distress and this is one that will warrant a visit to your vet.
HELPING YOUR CAT WITH STRESS & ANXIETY BY USING CBD OIL FOR CATS:
Just like in humans, stress and anxiety can reap detrimental effects on your cat’s (or dog’s) physical wellbeing and quality of life. While stress and anxiety are both emotional responses, they have different triggers. Stress is brought on by external triggers and an example of what may cause undue stress in your cat may be a dirty litterbox or a new pet in the home. Anxiety is an internal issue and doesn’t require an external trigger. Anxiety is persistent or excessive worrying. If you believe that your pet is suffering from some sort of stress including anxiety, we encourage you to discuss with your Veterinarian. We have many real reviews on our CBD Oil For Cats and CBD Oil For Dogs that show CBD has been an aid in reducing or eradicating stress and or anxiety for their pet.
CBD for cats Oil has been shown to reduce stress in animals in this study. CBD Oil For Cats can have a calming effect on your feline friend and improve other functions such as sleep, mood, and appetite. CBD For Cats is made using the same CBD as you would find in your own CBD Oil, however, the strength has been dialed back and is well suited for your cat or dog’s size and weight.
At ChilliwackCBD we are proud to offer a hand-picked selection of CBD Oil For Pets including CBD Oil For Cats and CBD Oil For Dogs that is third-party lab-tested to ensure the quality and accuracy of the product. Reputable brands such as CBDfx, Creating Brighter Days, and Natuur CBD Oil For Cats are leading the way with their on-point formulations and consistency of their products. Some of our CBD Oil For Cats contains salmon oil and what better way to please your kitty than by providing an all-natural, wellness CBD Oil to help improve their quality of life.